1. The Organizer of PHL Live is the Office of Councilman At Large David Oh, hereinafter referred to as “Organizer”.
2. Employees or their family members or individuals connected in any way with the Organizer shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the competition.
4. Information on how to enter the competition can be found at: phllive.org
5. The closing date for entries will be September 30, 2022. After this, no further entries to the competition will be permitted unless noted otherwise .
6. No responsibility will be accepted by the Organizer for entries not received for any reason.
7. Any changes to the competition will be communicated to entrants as soon as possible by the Organizer. However, organizer may not be able to do so. Entrants should check the rules and send questions to the organizer.
8. The Organizer is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. The prizes are not transferable.
10. Winners will be chosen:
A) By a panel of judges appointed by the Organizer; and
B)As a result of a popular vote conducted via Poll by Opinion (or another mobile phone based method).
11. The winner will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond, the Organizer reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner to receive the prizes.
12. The Organizer’s decision in respect of all matters having to do with the competition will be final and no additional correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, video and image in any publicity material.
14. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to PHL Live and not to any other party.
The PHL LIVE Center Stage Process
HOW TO BECOME ONE OF THE 10 GENRE WINNERS AND THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE
To enter this contest you MUST be 16 years of age or older.
Step 1…Submit (for free) 1 original or non-copyrighted (public domain) song and register it under 1 of 10 genres: Jazz, Classical, Country/Folk, Hip-hop, R&B, World, Pop/Dance, Gospel, Rock and DJ.
Step 2…A panel of three judges in each genre, will choose up to 5 finalists in that respective genre from online submissions.
Step 3…The 5 finalists in each genre will perform live.
Step 4…The panel of judges in each genre will evaluate the finalists’ performances at the local venues. They will select a winner which will be announced at the award show in December. Meanwhile, attendees at the venue can vote for the People’s Choice.
Step 5… The winner of the 5 finalists for each of the 10 genres will be announced. Attendees will continue to vote for the People’s Choice at the Trocadero. The finalist with the most votes will win the People’s Choice and be announced at the award show.
Affirmation of Non Copyrighted Material
By submitting your video, you are affirming that the music and lyrics contained in the video are either original or non-copyrighted or otherwise in the Public Domain. Copyright infringement is a violation of federal law subject to criminal and civil penalties.
PHL LIVE and associated parties, including participating hosts, judges, and venues, accept no liability for entrants’ PHL Live submissions. You are also acknowledging that you are solely responsible for any violations or infringements of protected material for any entry, and will indemnify all other parties for any expenses incurred in relation to defending against any claim for copyright infringement for any submission you make for consideration by PHL Live.